NOW OFFERING NeuroStar® Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
Depression is a debilitating illness that affects over 14 million Americans.
While antidepressant medication can be helpful in managing the symptoms of depression, clinical studies suggest that an estimated 4 million patients do not satisfactorily respond to antidepressant medications.
NeuroStar® TMS Therapy is a non-invasive, non-drug, safe, and effective treatment for patients with depression who are unsatisfied with the results of antidepressant medication.
It uses a precise magnetic pulse to stimulate the left prefrontal cortex of the brain, an area thought to be associated with mood.
NeuroStar® TMS Therapy has been FDA-approved since 2008 and is backed with the most clinical research in TMS for depression.
- Consistent response and remission rates across multiple studies
- 1 in 2 patients respond
- 1 in 3 patients remit (complete resolution of symptoms)
- During studies, less than 5% of participants discontinued treatment due to adverse events
- TMS Therapy avoids the systemic side effects typically associated with oral medications
- No reported adverse effects on cognition or sleep
- Most common adverse event related to TMS is pain or discomfort at or near the stimulation site during treatment
Call Today to see if you are a candidate for TMS Therapy or fill out the form below and we will contact you.
Facts about NeuroStar® TMS Therapy
- Uses targeted magnetic pulses to stimulate key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients suffering from depression
- Treatment is performed in-office with a focus on patient comfort
- Treatment delivered in as little as 19 minutes
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
- Treatment is administered 5 days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
- Covered by most major insurance companies
Schedule a consultation or talk with Dr. Cantu during your next appointment to see if you are a good candidate for NeuroStar TMS. If you decide to move forward with the treatment, you will be scheduled for the first TMS session.
This first session lasts approximately 1 hour as I will map out the brain to target the correct treatment location and stimulation strength to achieve maximum results.
Visit neurostar.com for more information and personal stories of people who have overcome depression with NeuroStar TMS.
I am in-network with the following insurance providers – Aetna, Humana, Cigna, ComPsych, WEB-TPA, PHCS,
Wellcare, and Health Smart. Most insurances require pre-approval for TMS treatment, which our office staff will investigate and process on your behalf. If your insurance is out-of-network, you will pay out of pocket for the treatments; however, we will file claims on your behalf, and your insurance will reimburse you for any covered amounts per your benefit plan. If you do not have health insurance, we offer a private pay discount for the treatment. We accept the Advance Care Card www.advancecarecard.com, which is a healthcare credit program that offers interest free financing. This can be used to cover any co-pays, co-insurance, or out-of-pocket expenses.
If you have any further questions or if you would like to get started with NeuroStar TMS, give us a call or fill out the form and we will contact you. TMS can be a life-changing treatment, and we are happy to assist you in any way to get you on the path to recovery.